At Making a Difference, Inc., we are dedicated to providing quality healthcare services, education, and guidance in promoting health and wellness to all patients regardless of language or financial barriers.
If you are uninsured and have low income, you may qualify for a sliding fee for your counseling services. This program is made available by Making a Difference, Inc. to provide counseling for people who otherwise may be unable to see a counselor.
We do not receive any government money to fund this program, therefore we may not be able to offer a discount to everyone who qualifies, and we reserve the right to discontinue the program at any time. You are expected to pay the discounted rate or minimum fee for services. If you cannot pay at the time of service, please make arrangements for payments.
If your family has a total household income less than 200% of the federal poverty level you may qualify for a discount from our original fees. Income means your paycheck before deductions, pension, retirement, or social security income, cash child support, alimony, workers compensation payments, etc. from all sources in the family.
Criteria considered in determining eligibility for sliding fee include, but are not limited to:
- The household’s gross income, based on total family members
- The patient’s employment status
- Other living expenses and financial obligations
- Special circumstances that impact your ability to pay for medical care.
Supporting documentation may include the following:
- One month income verification (prior month of date applying) in the form of pay stubs, bank deposits, etc.
- Social Security determination letters
- The prior year’s tax returns
- A “Statement of Sustainability” that indicates how persons with no income are meeting their day to day basic living needs.
To apply, you must complete and return Making a Difference, Inc.’s application for a sliding fee. Until this process is completed, you will be responsible for the full charges. Your application for financial assistance should be updated any time your income changes and every six months. You must notify the agency anytime your income changes and furnish proof of income.
Sliding Scale Fee is for Counseling services only.